Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Vick's Plant...are you familiar?

Hey, everyone!  Tish here from that San Antonio nursery, The Garden Center!  I hope this finds you all well and still gardening, happily.  The weather is nice enough for it, isn’t it? 
Tonight, I wanted to share one of my favorite plants with you, the Vicks plant.  It smells EXACTLY like Vicks Vapor Rub!  I LOVE this plant.  It decorates the desk, right now.  Vicks on cedar…Aromatherapy at its purest!
            Each morning that I am feeling a little stopped up, and as soon as the coffee is in hand, I open the back door, allow all three dogs to excitedly dash into the living room, and reach outside for a few leaves of my Vicks plant.  It's as easy as bending the leaf until it snaps, lifting it to your face and slowly and deeply inhaling.  It is so refreshing!  The leaves are so soft to the touch.  I have a close friend that prefers to break a few of the leaves up and drop them in the bottom of the hottest shower imaginable.  And a steamin’ he goes, killing a few birds with one stone.  This is the easiest and fastest way to breathe some mornings!
            This plant is EXTREMEMLY easy to take care of and is very hard to kill.  It is a succulent and prefers only the occasional watering (once or twice a week).  It does not like the FULL (Texas) sun.  Believe me. I have full knowledge of this fact.  Morning sun and afternoon shade, or indoors in a bright window, are what it prefers.
            If you have an herb garden, I highly recommend this plant!  Just plant it in a pot, even a small one, bring it in, or cover it, if it freezes, and abracadabra…you are growing a helpful plant!
            I really hope you get one of these plants for your home.  You will not be disappointed!  We sell it at The Garden Center and I would LOVE to introduce it to you!!!  If you would like my help getting it, visit www.thegardencenter.com , or give me a call and I’ll let you know if we have it in stock.  We SHOULD!  I like to have this plant in stock whenever possible!  Why not?  It’s SOOOOOO helpful!!!

Take your shoes off and get grounded, people!!!!
Take care!
Tish

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I recently purchased this lovely plant at a local garden center. I am seeing that some leaves are turning brown. What do you reccomend that I do?

    ReplyDelete